EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
If you've been on the EVDL for a while, you probably remember reading posts
by Roland Wiench... I'm sad to report that Roland passed away on
the 16th of March this year.

I am deeply saddened to hear of Roland's passing. He was a real EV pioneer! I don't think I've ever run across anyone with more determination and will to succeed. I always wanted to get out to meet him in person, and see his beloved El Camino.

Roland was not a man to take halfway measures. He did things THOROUGHLY! I think he had more controls in his EV than the cockpit of a 747 jetliner, and more safety backup systems than a nuclear power plant.

If you needed to know how to solve a problem so it would never ever return again, he was the guy to talk to. He took the belt-and-suspenders approach to a whole new level. He was an absolute fountain of knowledge on the industrial-strength approach to things. We have indeed lost a priceless pioneer of EV history.

--
"Verschlimmbessern" (German, verb) - To make something worse by
trying to improve it. (English translation: "Microsoft"?)