George Tyler via EV wrote:
From my experience, we had an in-house test company that ran independently,
we wanted to know the truth, results are not released to the public but used
to improve reliability. The name of the company is at stake. When I see
something like a cell phone company that has battery fires I know it's
either a mickey mouse company, or someone did not do their job properly!
There is nothing to be gained by "fudging" results....

Amen to that, George! That is exactly my experience. I worked designing furnace controls and large home appliance controls. These are consumer products (have to be cheap), but are also expected to last a long time (decades) and also MUST be safe! That meant the product testing cost more than the parts.

Cars have to be designed the same way; otherwise they can KILL somone!

--
Imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions.
        (Albert Einstein)