I have a 2013 Leaf.  It has a charging door open button inside at the left of
the steering wheel.  I normally use the ‘inside’ button when I get home and the
EV is parked for the day.
Occasionally, I forget to unlock the door before I get out, or if I happen to
not plug it in until later in the evening. The remote button is useful (saves
opening the car, pressing the inside button, locking the car again) but really
is only a small convenience.  Especially if you get the plug from the EVSE rack
only to find you’ve forgotten to unlock the charge port door.
I like having the remote charging door unlock on the fob, even if I only use it
once every few weeks.

Tom Keenan