On 10/14/2018 04:33 PM, paul dove via EV wrote:
I don’t know where you get this kind of thinking. They are not high priced
cars. Mine was $46,000. A Toyota Highlander is $42,000 and a Subaru Ascent is
$46,000. If you get a comparable car you will pay about the same.

Interest piqued by your seemingly low price for a low end Model 3, I just checked the Tesla website. The lowest priced available Model 3 to order is $49,000. Delivery, etc is another $1,200. State sales tax will likely be about $3,000. So, $54,200. Order by 10/15/18 to be assured of delivery in 2018 and you should get a $7,500 federal tax credit though the $54,200 will be due before delivery time. Final amount: $46,700. Close enough to your quote. OTOH, that does not include AutoPilot. A Tesla should not be bought without AutoPilot, IMHO.

There has been some recent scuttlebutt about some Model 3s being available as "inventory" cars at a discount of a $1,000 or more. The inventory cars are not likely to be without options. That is, they may not get below $46,000.