https://qz.com/1506901/trucks-are-ice-ing-tesla-owners-from-charging-stations/
Tesla owners are being “ICE-ed” out of charging stations by trucks
December 24, 2018  Michael J. Coren

[image
https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/1kjqr9sq9y521.jpg
 / Leicina/Reddit

share
https://twitter.com/LeilaniMunter/status/1076720837263282178
Leilani Münter  @LeilaniMunter
This is scary. I’ve been coal-rolled in my Tesla by several trucks in NC,
the drivers were hostile. If you don’t know what it is google “Stephen
Colbert Coal Rolling.” One day these conflicts will end very badly. @Tesla
@hickorypd @StephenAtHome @cleanairNC @cleanenergyorg @CMPD

Mike Hoffman @McHoffa
@LeilaniMunter careful charging in Hickory. The ignorant people are aware of
us
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/a8rl0a/ive_never_had_a_supercharging_experience_like/?st=JQ0DQJLU&sh=73d632fe
…
12:07 AM - Dec 23, 2018
]

First, there was rolling coal. Now there’s ICE-ing.  As electric motors
encroach on internal combustion engines, some truck owners are getting
angry. And Teslas are a favorite target.

Rolling coal has been a pastime for some truck owners who modify their
engines to blow plumes of black smoke. Videos [
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWg0G2G3Wes
] show truck owners slowing down to blanket neighborhood sidewalks in soot,
and belch smoke at trailing hybrid and electric vehicles (EV). One popular
bumper sticker on such vehicles: “Prius Repellent [
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/07/rolling_coal_conservatives_who_show_their_annoyance_with_liberals_obama.html
].” Complaints of the practice are rising (paywall [
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/05/business/energy-environment/rolling-coal-in-diesel-trucks-to-rebel-and-provoke.html
]), and New Jersey was the first state to ban it (although it’s already
illegal under federal law to alter emissions controls).

Now “ICE-ing”—the I, C and E taken from internal combustion engine—is on the
rise. The practice involves parking fossil-fuel-powered vehicles in
designated EV charging spots to block anyone from using them. For EV owners,
it’s the equivalent of someone parking in front of a gas pump. Sometimes
it’s unintentional. Other times it’s not.

One of the most recent incidents was at a North Carolina convenience store
called Sheetz. Reddit user Leicina posted her account [
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/a8rl0a/ive_never_had_a_supercharging_experience_like/
] of several pickup-trucks pulling in to block all the Tesla supercharging
station’s spots.

“I’ve never had a supercharging experience like this one,” she wrote. “These
trucks blocked all the chargers, chanted ‘F’ Tesla, and were kicked out by a
Sheetz employee.”

States and cities are now passing laws to prohibit the practice (so far
Florida [
http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/366.94
], California, Oregon, Massachusetts, Illinois, and Washington [
https://insideevs.com/washington-passes-law-to-fine-motorists-124-for-ice-vehicles-parking-in-ev-only-spaces/
] are among those with rules on the books [
https://pluginsites.org/plug-in-vehicle-parking-legislation-reference/
]). A few cities in the South such as Raleigh, North Carolina and Knoxville,
Tennessee, have also taken action, along with private-property owners—such
as a shopping center in Virginia [
https://pluginsites.org/suv-towed-from-iced-charging-station/
] —which tow offending vehicles.

But Leilani Münte [
http://www.leilani.green/bio/
], a top race-car driver and environmental activist who drives a Tesla, says
being an EV owner in her home state still invites harassment.
[© qz.com]
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/iceing-at-superchargers.138770/
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/how-to-manage-ev-iceing.125948/
[video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oBMXbOgs6I
I.C.E.-ING Superchargers - A Useless Tesla Model 3 Video (You've been
warned)
DaxM  Published on Nov 27, 2018
What to do when Superchargers are I.C.E.d ...
]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}