You have two options, make the wire you have thinner, or select an alloy
the melts at a lower temperature.

Actually there is a possible third option - put some insulating material
around it fo keep convective cooling from slowing down the blow. You would
want a clear material or you would not be able to see blown links.

These are the basics that any fuse designer would be concerned with and
have as options.  Those folks have to worry about other stuff like creepage
(the distance along solid surfaces from link end to link end)  and
clearance (length of air gap between link ends) of faults, and arc
suppression, etc. You might want to consider them as well. with a lot of DC
voltage and current you can definitely have a fault arc.

Tesla battery packs I have seen images of used bare wires in air.  Maybe
you can find out what alloy they use.

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 3:52 PM ken via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

>  I cells are 2600 mah average reclamed / tested .  lion  . what or which
> size wire should I use.  I tryed a 10 ths 3 inch wire shorted across the
> cell and it turned red 5 seconds but did not blow. I'd call my load low
> as I'm working runing a ryboi blower  with  my 5s x 5p pack . I've not
> measured the laod for the blower yet .

Michael E. Ross
(919) 585-6737 Land
(919) 901-2805 Cell and Text