The main point is that a lithium battery fire is a chemical fire supplying its
own oxygen so it can’t be smothered. One must remove the heat and bring the
temperature of the the battery below the thermal run away point. I watched
videos of firemen trying to douse a lithium battery fire and it keeps flaring
up because the turn off the hose when the fire goes out before they have
sufficiently cooled the battery

Sent from my iPhone