Leaf at up to 4 kw due to the size of my inverter.  There is currently no
simple way to do what you are thinking of.
Jim Erdman, in Western Wisconsin
    On Friday, July 12, 2019, 03:09:26 PM CDT, ev-requ...@lists.evdl.org
<ev-requ...@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 19:54:39 +0000 (UTC)
From: Mark Laity-Snyder <marklai...@yahoo.com>
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Subject: [EVDL] Solar off grid with an EV?

Hi all,

Would it be possible to hook a small solar panel system to an EV and use the EV
as the battery storage for an off grid solar system?  What would be needed to
make that happen?  I envision solar panels connected to microinverters which
would then charge the EV.  Then if you needed power at night, you could use
some power from the EV.  Would that work?  Would you need another part to that
puzzle to get it to work?  Would it cause problems for the EV?

I am not looking to do this myself but we had a guy come and charge his Tesla
at our place.  He has a lot and camper where he goes camping and would like to
install solar and be off grid.  I was just wondering what that setup would look
like.

Mark.