Well Mazda does make good Wankels and if you run them in their sweet spot
they get quite good mpg.  Wankels can be tiny and make lots of high speed
RPMs, no vibration at all. Maybe they are a good option for a hybrid where
it is really running on electrons out the wheels.

It is a hybrid then a small pack makes fine sense.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 8:14 PM EVDL Administrator via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> On 8 Sep 2019 at 14:21, brucedp5 via EV wrote:
>
> > Sound plays a part. Mazda is still deciding on the final audio mix, but
> the
> > TPV serves up a subtle soundtrack (partly amplified electric-motor
> noises,
> > partly generated) that grows stronger and more urgent as the torque
> increases.
>
> I have a better idea.  Why don't they just include a 6 year old boy with
> every TPV?  Then you can have him sit in the back seat and make brrr-brrr-
> vroom motor noises as you drive down the road in your not-so-quiet EV.
>
> I guess that fake automatic transmission creep wasn't sufficiently
> annoying.
>
> Who knew CM Kornbluth would turn out to be a prophet?
>
> Interesting.  Mazda thinks that drivers want more noise and less range in
> their EVs. They also think that it's a great idea to use a Wankel engine
> in
> a hybrid.  Great idea: Wankel engines are noted for smooth operation and
> for
> abysmal fuel efficiency.
>
> Is Mazda trying to commit corporate harikari?
>
> David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
> EVDL Administrator

Michael E. Ross
(919) 585-6737 Land