From: Russ Sciville via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> I had to reply to this! Am I to understand that air scrubbers
> situated along highways will reduce pollution from vehicles? :-D
> That must be a joke.

Sadly, it's not. Irrational laws may require irrational solutions. If you're
required by law to improve air quality, and prevented by law from doing it at
the source, what other choices do you have? Roadside scrubbers? Ban driving in
certain places and times, like some countries have done?

Tunnels already require complex ventilation and filtration systems to keep the
air fresh enough to safely breathe. Likewise, old power plants often have
added-on scrubbers.

Lee Hart

--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James