>From my admittedly limited experience, most electronic devices you buy from
Chinese sellers are cheap and poorly documented.  If you get instructions,
they'll usually be in "Chinglish" and confusing at best.

IMO, those gadgets are iffy enough for people who know what they're doing.
I'm an electronics hacker, not an engineer.  I don't have the background to
work safely with undocumented alien electronics.

You can often get the same junk on Ebay and Amazon from US sellers who've
written up better documentation.  (Or maybe they haven't.  Read the
reviews.)  Some of them even test them to weed out the QC failures.  (Often
with directly imported Chinese stuff, YOU are the QC.)

You pay more for the documented items, but maybe not more than you'd pay if
you had to order one or five replacements after letting the smoke out.

As for me, I don't mess with assembling lithium batteries.  I don't trust
myself with something that can burn my house down if I get it wrong.
Instead, I buy my lithium batteries (what few I use) as complete configured
units already assembled with BMS, from people and manufacturers who I'm
prettty sure know what they're doing.  I try to maximize my chance at
success by reading the online reviews and comments in places like Endless
Sphere.

That's what led me to Ping Battery several years ago.  They cost a lot more
than doing it myself, or even the anonymous duct tape batteries on Ebay, but
when they arrived I plugged in the BMSes (following the clear instructions),
charged them, and put them to work.  The batteries have held up well, though
the chargers haven't.

As always, YMMV.  Good luck.  Don't charge it in the house or garage.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Things I once thought were funny are scary now. I often feel like
     a resident of Pompeii who has been asked for some humorous comments
     on lava.

                                        -- Tom Lehrer