Hi Willie,

I'm going by some articles that were written around ~2016.  Most cited
having to use RV connections up the ALCAN Highway.

Here's one where the guy went to the Arctic Circle:
https://insideevs.com/news/354792/tesla-model-s-arctic-road-trip/
  -- not exactly a trip to Disneyland.

https://www.ktoo.org/2014/08/21/touring-tesla/
   -- not much detail about his trip.

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/sacramento-anchorage-model-3-possible
  -- This guy maps out his stops and what to carry.  It is an
interesting read and similar to a 2016 that may have been taken down.

christmy1savior | September 15, 2019

It is definitely possible. I just drove from Gaffney, SC to Fairbanks,
AK in July. I know it isn't to Anchorage but you can get there.
Edmonton, Canada was the last supercharger and then after that I
relied on different charging options It'll take some research and
mapping out but you can do it. I'll list all my stops here. Some
resources I used was PlugShare....there aren't many typical EV
charging spots after Edmonton but there are some. I also used an app
called RV Parky. I mapped my drive and then used RV Parky to map RV
parks along the route. I tried to stick to 50 amp RV parks but there
were a couple that were 30 amp only.....these sucked as I was stuck
here for 30+ hours, but ultimately did the job. The trip actually
didn't take as long as I expected.

You will also need some extra adapters. First you will need the Tesla
Nema 14-50 adapter. This is used in any RV park that offers 50amp
service. The next adapter is the Nema TT-30 adapter. Tesla does not
make this adapter and you do not want to buy a conversion adapter for
like RV's because it will not work with the Tesla. What I purchased is
the evseadapters adapter. It just works like a normal Tesla adapter.
Plug it in and the car does the rest. It can be found here
https://www.evseadapters.com/products/tt-30-adapter-for-tesla-model-s-x-...

Before I list my stops, I made the trip in a Model 3 Performance and
had to drive very conservatively in between certain stops to make it.
If you drive in a model that doesn't get the same distance per charge
as the Model 3 performance or long range, you'll have to stop more
times, meaning it'll take longer. It ultimately only took me 9 days to
make the entire trip from SC to Fairbanks, AK.

Stops after Edmonton, AB, Canada supercharger.

Petro-Canada in Valleyview, AB. The first stop had a J-1772 charger.
Here I learned that some J-1772 chargers require the adapter be
plugged into the Tesla first, then plug the charger into the already
plugged in adapter to start charging. If you attach the adapter onto
the charger first, then plug into the car, it won't charge. I had this
issue twice on the trip....just plug the adapter into the car first,
the the charger into the adapter and charged like a champ.

Next stop was the Microtell Inn & Suites in Fort St. John, BC. This
hotel has a Tesla Destination Charger. There are other EV chargers in
between but I was able to make it all the way here on one full charge,
stayed the night and charged to 100%.

Next was my first RV park stop. Triple G Hideaway in Fort Nelson, BC.
Nice RV Park in a nice little town with some restaurants, museums,
visitor center you can walk to. And you will have to because it will
take over 30+ hours to fully charge. This is where you will first take
advantage of the Nema TT-30 adapter I listed before.

My next stop was Liard Hot Spring Lodge in Muncho Lake, BC. I highly
recommend this stop. It's out in the middle of nowhere but it's across
from Liard Hot Springs. Definitely go to the Hot Springs. Anyways,
this will be your second use of the Nema TT-30 adapter. Word of
Caution though....I don't know if I got a bad outlet or if it's just a
problem with the RV park itself because it is powered by generators,
but the outlet couldn't handle the full amperage the car wanted to
draw. After a little bit, the car would revert, "charging limited" or
something like that. So it will charge slower here...you could slowly
drop you charging amp from the touchscreen and see if it won't throw
the warning. But it got me charged up nonetheless.

The next stop was Baby Nugget RV Park, YT. This park has full 50amp
outlets so you can take advantage of your Nema 14-50 adapter here.
Nothing much to say about this park except it's right past a small
town and right outside of the cell coverage area, but it's full 50amp
service.

Ah, my next stop was in Whitehorse, YT. In this town they have two
J-1772 chargers at two different locations. I used the one at the
Transportation Museum here so I had some things to do to help kill the
time. This town is basically in the middle of nowhere so it surprised
me to come across some EV chargers but it was a good surprise
nonetheless and sped up my trip pretty significantly.

The next stop was Beaver Creek RV Park in Beaver Creek, YT. Not much
to say here either except this is another full 50amp service RV Park.

Finally I made it into Alaska and I stopped to charge at a small
little spot called Snowed INN RV Park in Delta Junction, AK. This is
also a full 50amp service RV Park and is a nice little walk from town.
Delta Junction has some restaurants and things to do while you wait.

>From there was a small drive into Fairbanks, AK. From here you could
drive to Adventure Denali for a J-1772 charger and then on down to
Anchorage.

You can definitely find a more direct route to Anchorage....my trip
was just to show that it is possible. I will probably be making the
drive back down in a little less than 3 years once I get stationed
somewhere else. I'm hoping by then Tesla will have expanded their
supercharger network up and through Alaska. But if not, I'm not
worried about being able to make the trip as I know it can be done.
Also, I'm not the only one to have done it as several of the RV parks
said that it's rare, but they have had other Tesla's stop in to charge
on their way up to Alaska. Hope this helps.

****

This is not for the faint of heart but it has been done.