Hi Mark,

As a ex-Bolt Premier and a Tesla Model 3 owner, I love the Bolt and
appreciate the technology of the Model 3 but I feel safer in the Bolt
because of its safety set up.  Somehow, my Model 3 does not see a
vehicle in my blind spot until it **is** in my blind spot.  How can
Tesla can see a 1/4 mile down the road but not see a "dump truck" in
my blind spot?  Tesla says my sensors are okay.  Chevy put lights in
their side view mirrors.  When a vehicle enters **or is about to
enter** my blind spot, the lights in those mirrors light up yellow.
They were not perfect but it's blind spot detection is far above that
of my Model 3.

With the Bolt, if I am parked between two humongous SUV's and start to
pull out in reverse, the sensors see people and cars approaching and
they warn me.  Not so the Model 3.  If I want to see what is behind me
in the Model 3, I can press the rear view camera button and it takes
up a lot of the touch screen making it difficult to do other things
until the camera is turned off.  With the Bolt, the rear view camera
signal is fed to the rear view mirror.  Once I discovered that, I
never went back to the rear view mirror as a plain rear view mirror.

My son was in need of a commuter car so I "sold" him the Bolt.  It's a
great commuter car and he saves a lot by not buying gasoline but road
trips are not as convenient as you are finding out.  There are
Electrify America stations that he can recharge at toward the end of
the week.  He's Level 1 at home.  With respect to the Bolt, the range,
recharge times, and recharge stations are minor league compared to the
Tesla cars and network.  He pays more for electricity.

In some ways, I think the price of a Tesla hides the cost of the
recharging and software updating systems.  I paid about $0.23/kwhr in
an area where home rates
 are about $0.11/kwhr but I don't use them hardly at all.  I know my
son pays more. The Supercharger network is well worth that price.  If
I want to take a trip, it's got to be in the Tesla just for the range
and recharge times along with the spacing of the Supercharger network.

Hope that helps.