> However, on a nationwide basis, the percentage of people
> who won't buy an EV solely for this reason (no dedicated parking space)
> is probably fairly small.

I have to disagree. With 33% of Americans nationally living in apartments
it is still a very large  number who will not have access to overnight
charging.  Of those, I'd say the percentage who then would not buy an EV
because they have no place to charge it is very high. Likely over 95%.

In the mean time we should be happy and focus on the other 67% who can
benefit from the true value promise of an EV by waking up every day and
starting the day with a full charge.  We should focus on this low hanging
fruit first of course.

I cannot in good conscience recommend an EV to anyone who does not have
their own dedicated parking spot and outlet for overnight charging.

Bob