Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
I cannot in good conscience recommend an EV to anyone who does not have
their own dedicated parking spot and outlet for overnight charging.

EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
That may be true in some cases, but I think it depends on the situation.

I agree. Many apartments don't have dedicated parking spots; but they *do* have parking for residents. At least in the northern states where I've lived, just about every apartment parking lot has free 120v AC outlets for at least some of the spaces.

When I worked in Seattle WA for Cruising Equipment, I lived in an apartment with only on-street parking. Nevertheless, I drove my EV to/from work every day. I had to run an extension cord from the outlet on the porch to my EV; but it worked. If by chance I couldn't park near the front of my apartment, I could still charge at work from one of their outdoor AC outlets. My EV never went "hungry".

      Listen to the mustn'ts, child; listen to the don'ts.
      Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts.
      Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me:
      Anything can happen, child.  Anything can be.
                                 -- Shel Silverstein

Thanks for the poem, David! I *love* his humor, but had forgotten this one. It's particularly appropriate for us lonely EVers, going against the "can't be done" types. :-)

Lee

--
There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows
about. It's very serious, and interferes completely with your work. The