Simple question. Confirm?
1) There is a BMS module on each battery block.
2) Even if not connected to the BMS comm cable the minimum BMS chip across
each cell does provide a very small amount of overvotage cell balancing if
a cell starts to move above a crticical voltage.
3) It can NOT actively bypass excessive charge current because the resistor
is too smalll, but it can protect against slight over voltage.
4) Especially if the overall charge voltage is kept well below the 4.0v per
cell (as measured at the battery level)...

Bob