The seat, other than the headrest, is very adjustable and comfortable. If I tilt it back enough, the headrest will eventually reach a comfortable angle. But then either I will have too much stretch to reach the steering wheel or my legs will be cramped up. Perhaps I'm exaggerating a bit, but this is the first car I've been in that has zero headrest adjustment.

Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>

------ Original Message ------
From: "Willie via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: "Willie" <wmckem...@gmail.com>
Sent: 13-Mar-21 8:09:44 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] tesla y headrests

On 3/13/21 9:54 AM, Peri Hartman via EV wrote:

I understand the reasoning: essentially to ensure that your head is touching
the rest to minimize concussion and to ensure your neck doesn't get bent
backward in a rear collision.

Regardless, I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on finding someone to bend
it about 10 degrees back. Or some other idea.

I haven't driven a Y but had no such trouble with S or 3.  Did you experiment with
various seat back angles? I've driven both S and 3 very long distances and regularly make
seat adjustments when I become uncomfortable.  Essentially everything is adjustable.
Seat bottom fore/aft, seat height, seat rake, seat back rake. Most have adjustable
"lumbar support".  Did you twiddle all those?