On 4/1/21 7:12 PM, Peri Hartman via EV wrote:
Yes, the Y has an RFID card - I did a test drive a few weeks ago. But, what do you mean "leave it in the center console" ? If you leave the car parked somewhere, you need to take it with you, right ? Otherwise anyone can take the car.

True. If they know how it works. Most people can't figure out how to open a door. Also, it is a mistake to live where people are not to be trusted. When in places that seem not safe, I do sometimes take the card with me. But, usually not. I've put about 200k miles on Teslas and not had a theft attempt. I kinda look forward to a theft and telling the cops where the car is. Do I remember correctly that the car can be disabled via the app? At least, it can be put in valet mode?