> On Apr 21, 2021, at 10:27 PM, Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
> One person I know summarized this best. "If your going to buy a new car, you
> buy and SUV because it can do everything. That's an easy decision."
> So, long term, we'll need a solution that makes borrowing a special purpose
> vehicle easer. Autonomous driving will make that easier. Also, will the
> industry try to make SUVs more efficient - lighter, less drag ? So far, even
> Tesla has failed on the "lighter" aspect.

I very much agree that EVs make having the right vehicle for the job more
important.  I’ve definitely found that.  And I think car-sharing, in many
different forms, is a useful piece of the overall puzzle.

I just wanted to say, though, that as I get older, I really really appreciate
an upright driving posture, and that’s something SUVs (and “crossovers” and
pickups) do well.  You don’t have to fold yourself into them, and you don’t
have to get _down_ into them.  I imagine I’m not alone in that.

                                -Bill