None of that changes physics. You can lower the impact by aerodynamics but it
still goes up proportional to speed and yes they aren't linear. the faster you
go the faster the drag increases. Rolling resistance goes up as well but it is
linear. I did a calculation for my conversion and the areo loading caught
rolling at around 70mph with a dramatic change in the curve around 45 mph. It
was a Toyota Celica so pretty good aerodynamics. I have the spread sheet
somewhere if anyone is interested. It required about 21Kw at 70 mph.

    On Friday, May 14, 2021, 4:56:48 AM CDT, Paul Compton via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 On Fri, 14 May 2021 at 03:28, Robert Bruninga via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> Wind drag only becomes significant beginning at about 45 MPH

Tell that to a cyclist.

This was something that automotive designers used to say years ago and
what they meant was...

We have so much engine power available, that aerodynamic drag isn't
affecting vehicle performance until you exceed 45mph.
They weren't much concerned with fuel economy.

Motorcycles have truly horrible aerodynamics,but some attempts at
improvement have been made over the years. The Royal Enfield
Dreamliner was one example and as well as top speed and economy, it
actually improved acceleration, despite a 40 or so pound weight
penalty.

https://www.oldbikemart.co.uk/the-dreamliner-lives-on/

--
Paul Compton