Somewhat off topic...

For some time, I've been meaning to get a small UPS to power my router, laptop, and other electronics in case of an emergency. Well, our power will be off monday for utility work and so I bought a small UPS. But, I'm disappointed with it.

The spec claims it has 1080 joules, which would be 0.3wh. That's obviously not true, so I don't know what that number is supposed to mean. However, its display says it has a load around 60w and that it should sustain for 96 minutes. That would be around 100wh. I would like something that can last a day or two, not an hour. (I can turn off my external display and probably cut the load in half, but still...)

My thought is to buy a 12v deep cycle battery and hook up a charger, an inverter, and contactor to switch from wall to battery. I'm pretty sure there are products which do all that but I haven't found any yet.

Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>