I believe we have discussed this and that you do have some kinda
justification for "going off grid", but for others, it makes no economic
sense to me.If I generate all my power, I am still perfectly happy to
pay $8 a month for keeping the grid accouint.  Kinda like
insurance..

The last thing I want to do in life is maintain batteries for the
rest of my life.   Out of the blue I took a life changing hit in my
health and cannot possibly maintain all the special "features"
I have built into the house for "fun" but now, impossible to
maintain by my wife.  I am an ardent DIY guy, but now am
a CDIMA (Cant do it myself Anymore). - Bob