I see it is dedicated to San Francisco area.
Home electrification is going to happen.
I have lived in an apartment that did not have a gas connection.
In our current home, I replaced the dying central gas heater and
unrepairable airco with a modern Panasonic 5-zone heatpump, so we
still have an outdoor compressor like before (only silent due to
inverter-driven motors) and 5 indoor units, one for each bedroom with
individual temperature selection and a pair of units, installed on
opposite sides of the living/dining/kitchen area. I *love* the comfort
and silence of a precise controlled temperature in each room. If a
room is unused, simply leave that unit off and close the door and
there is no wasted heat.
Induction cooking will be our next upgrade over our current gas stove.
We already have an electric wall oven though I don't see that become
much more efficient anytime soon due to the high temps required.
I installed a natural gas powered tankless water heater to replace the
old appliance a few years ago, so it will be some time before I
consider going for heat pump water heater, but they are installed in
bulk now.
We have a gas clothes dryer as that freed up the 30A circuit to power
a Level 2 charging station (see, this post is still on-topic) also
because our house connection is only 100A, so we need to be efficient
with our electricity. But I have owned a heat pump clothes dryer in
the past, so it is possible to have an efficient electric dryer that
does not need 30A at 240V.
The main trend is towards efficient electric appliances and I
certainly see that trend away from natural gas use in homes.
BTW, despite the electric heating and cooling of our home and
occasional EV charging, we still stay within Baseline consumption,
which means less than about 10kWh a day.
Cor.