Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 10:09:58 -0800
From: "(-Phil-)" <philp...@gmail.com>
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Leaf 2013 Ghost Loads on 12V battery

Like pretty much all modern cars, there is a high standby load.  The bulk
of it is the security controller constantly pinging for the fob for the
"keyless" entry system.  If you aren't going to drive it much, consider a
disconnect switch on the 12V battery.  The original Leaf engineers
realized this was a problem and mounted a small solar panel in the back to
offset this on the SL models.

The other option as you mentioned is a battery tender.