On the Chevy discussion lists they can the displayed range estimate the "GOM"
which stands for Guess O'Meter.

It's reasonably accurate if you always drive the same route, and on the Bolt
they also have Max/Min range displayed.  While the estimated range is sometimes
off, the Max has always been more than I get and the min is alway less than I
get.

Lots of folks have asked Chevy to display the current SOC in KWH, but Chevy
doesn't feel that consumers need to know that info so they have always refused
to provide it.

However, there are several options that connect to the OBD-II connector and can
provide that info if you really want it.

My PGP public key: https://vanderwal.us/evdl_pgp.key