On 23 Feb 2022 at 19:40, Mark Hanson via EV wrote:

> The Roanoke Va PeterTMs creek rd Nissan dealer says ITMd have to
> pay for this since itTMs no longer a recall (about $1k). Sounds like BS to
> me.

I'm not an expert on these matters, but as I understand it, "no longer a
recall" isn't a thing.  Recalls don't expire.  If your Leaf hasn't had the
recall, you should still be able to have it done until it's at least 15
years old.

Dealers don't like doing recall service.  They get paid less for it than for
repairs they bill to a customer, so the sleazy ones will try to weasel out
of it.  What this says about your dealer there will be left as an exercise
for the reader.

Have you called the Nissan number mentioned in the story? 800 647-7261

Or you could try another Nissan dealer.

You might also try going here and entering your VIN.

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

If the recall service has already been carried out on your car, and the
problem has recurred, then I don't know what your options would be.  Others
may know.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Some people, when confronted with a computer programming
     problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions."
     Now they have two problems.

                                            -- Jamie Zawinski