From: "Michael Ross via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "Michael Ross" <michael.e.r...@gmail.com>
Sent: 09-Aug-22 14:17:42
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: Tesla can't see kids?

As Musk likes to say, "the possibility of success exists." I imagine FSD
can be many times safer than human drivers. But, for some reason we will
always be harsher in our view of machine mistakes than our own.

If FSD was 10 times less likely to cause a fatality in all situations
(could be that expressway success is super good), it would be logical to go
with it, even if it fails sometimes with the corner cases - that even
humans fail at often. But, I doubt it would be accepted. In the US the deep
pockets of Tesla would be too much of a temptation for lawyers in the
liability business.

How about this: put little warning buzzers in us all to shock us into
alertness when we move towards danger? Oh yeah, that is the amygdala, it
has some bad results unrelated to actual danger.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 5:04 PM Peter Eckhoff via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>