Peri,
I was a tad negative about the Fiat 500e in my response. I was pretty happy
for 2.5 years. The dash would state a range of 90 miles when I would leave
for the day. In 70F weather it would travel 60 to 70 miles not going over
55 or 60 mph. In 100 to 115F weather with the AC on (like your 30F with the
heater on) it would travel 35 to 45 miles and keep above the 10% charge
turtle mode.
The 120 volt charger that comes with it is run at 240 volts in Europe. You
can build an adapter or change the cord end to run it at 240 volts. I
bought a used 240 volt charger that I never installed because the little
120 volt charger run at 240 was fast enough to charge the car fully
overnight, except for one or two times.
I almost bought a receiver hitch to install. I found some rims on
E-bay that fit and installed those, going up a tire size. The local tire
company quoted me a high price for the original size tires. In all
fairness, I did not search very hard for affordable tires. I found low cost
tires easily for the new rims. The navigation system is a unit that is
removable that drops into the top of the dash. It may not come with a used
vehicle, but can be purchased on E-bay. I did not take the time to get used
to it.
I was seriously considering a Nissan Leaf when at the last minute the Fiat
500e was available at a comparable price. I liked the looks of the Fiat,
the range numbers were higher, and I jumped. I think the Leaf with 4 doors
would work better for passengers. The Fiat can handle a lot of cargo with
the rear seats folded down, and two adults comfortably in the front.
Alan