I wonder if these were two colleagues that got their company vehicles
and accidentally received the wrong Tesla account for their App, so
that while the keys worked on their own car, their Apps worked on each
other's cars... Simple and not surprising, but you can get a lot of
attention writing a critical article about Tesla these days.
NOTE how the guy continued to use the other guy's car instead of
returning it immediately, that suggests that they were no strangers.
Also the other guy contacting him with a laid-back response asking if
he took their car, gives me the idea that they already knew each other
before all this.
There are some question marks surrounding this article.
Cor.

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/