The J1772 SAE Specifications state -

5.1 Electrical Ratings
                        Table 9 - AC charging electrical ratings (North America)
Charge Method   Nominal Supply Voltage  Max Current Branch              Circuit
Breaker
                        (V)                             (Amps-continuous)
rating (Amps)
AC Level 1              120 V AC, 1-phase               12 A
15 A (min)
                        120 V AC, 1-phase               16 A
20 A
AC Level 2              208 to 240 V AC, 1-phase        ? 80 A
Per NEC 625

So if in fact there are EVSE's with 277VAC, then they are out of spec with the
J1772 Specifications.

Best regards,

Rush Dougherty
TucsonEV