On 1 Sep 2023 at 11:45, Mark Hanson via EV wrote:

> Seems nowadays with credit card readers this messy charging process
> could be a *whole* lot simpler.

Yeah, you'd think.  What a hassle you went through there, and for zilch.

Yet nearly every filling station takes credit cards, and they just plain
work.  The most fuss you get from them is "key in your zip code."  What's so
different about EV charging?

It's almost like the US charging chains are trying to get people to give up
on EVs.

We don't often use public charging here unless it's free.  With 370-400km
range, who really needs it?

On the few occasions when we've paid, the Chargemap website has led us to a
working charging point, and their RFID card has gotten the charge started
without any trouble.  Maybe we're just lucky.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Dime que temes y te dir+¬ quien eres. (Tell me what you fear, and
     I'll tell you who you are.)

                                                   -- Spanish proverb

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/