Hi Folks,

I saw on
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/10/next-generation-chevy-bolt-ev-to-use-lf
p-battery-cells/ that GM is moving to (what hobbiests like me used in
conversions LiFePO4 in early 00's) but are currently using NCMA (Nickel
Cobalt Magnesium Aluminum from LG-Chem?)   I though all current EV's were
NMC Nickel Manganese Cobalt cathode with a lithium substrate-dielectric and
carbon anode per www.batteryuniversity.com
<http://www.batteryuniversity.com>  .

After Shelor Chevy finally replaced my battery last week (after a month of
nagging & faulted new software indicating bad cells), I noticed the new
label (installers were clueless on chemistry) showed: LiMM-C.F, B2.0.1,
64kWh, 24052284, serial: 4823254RES006287.  I couldn't find *any*
translation for LiMM-C.F. chemistry, does anyone know what that is?  I
assume it's still the LMC chemictry since I looked under a friend's 2023
purchased Bolt and saw the same label with yellow-blue-green assembly
verification paint dots.

Even with the new battery GM is *still* not requesting users to only charge
to 80% for local trips like *all* other EV manufacturers do.  Maybe they
don't *care* about battery longevity?

Battery University does say that LiFePO4 batts have less sensitivity to 100%
charging, maybe they figure that changing to that will help with clueless EV
(charge level) drivers.

Have a renewable energy Christmas,

Mark

Mark E. Hanson

184 Vista Lane

Fincastle, VA 24090

540-473-1248 phone & FAX, 540-816-0812 cell

REEVA: community service RE & EV project club

Website: www.REEVAdiy.org (See Project Gallery)

UL Certified PV Installer

My RE&EV Circuits: www.EVDL.org/lib/mh

REEVA Demo:  <http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0> http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0

<https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/a88920376f864ecabaed843dd89
75b8d/signature> Fincastle Solar Weather Station