On 3/18/24 18:37, John Lussmyer via EV wrote:

Note: You really do NOT need to tie the center posts to anything other than a BMS.  Even with cells in parallel.

In my leaf pack I had a 3 Parallel x 16 Series battery pack.

I tied each of the 3 "sense" center posts together for each set of 3 cells. [The only thing these tied together center posts were connected to was my BMS....but I did tie the 3 center posts together.]

How would your BMS work if it was not connected to the center posts?
Did you connect to only 1 of the 3 center posts in my example? (I was worried that if I did this the bms itself would draw more current from one of my 3 leaf modules than the other two, causing them to get out of balance with each other.

Jay

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/