"error"?
If a deer runs out in front of the car do you swerve?   Suppose you decide to
enter your tesla at the local demolition derby and are constantly getting boo'd?

   On Thursday, May 2, 2024 at 11:32:36 AM PDT, Peri Hartman
<pe...@kotatko.com> wrote:

 That's pretty much what i suspect: that while you are driving, you are
teaching the system. Not the one in your car, but the global corporate one.
The question i have is, how does the "decider" know when the driver is correct
versus the algorithm ? In others words, what keeps it from learning human error
?
I'll add: something that results in an accident or hard breaking would be easy
to filter out. But what about swerving to avoid a sharp object when the camera
might have thought it harmless to the tires ?
Peri

From: Lawrence Winiarski via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2024 18:45
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Cc: Lawrence Winiarski; EV List Lackey
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: Tesla cuts 3 major departments

As I understand AI "Training" (and I'm pretty much an idiot here) you have a
given neural net which is initially filled with hundreds of GB  random data,
then you run input data through itand get the result.    So I guess you input a
picture of a "bicycle" and it spits out "doggie", and you say "bad computer",
here is how you adjust  your net values to becloser to the result "bicycle".
And you do this over and over and over and over and it amazingly gradually
starts to work which shows like von neumann's elephant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Neumann%27s_elephantExcept instead of 4 free
parameters, you literally have 1 trillion.
    So following this line of thought, while you are driving your Tesla, the
neuralnet could be taking in the data and "learning" from you by "watching" you
drive.    So, I guess this would be the natural way it would "learn"  So I
suppose that they wouldn't necessarilyneed to be "selling" the data as they
could be internally using it to improve their own AI.  The stupid "captcha"
thing just annoyed me when I figured it out (click on all the squares with a
bicycle) because it was presented as a way to defeat AI when in hindsight it
was obviouslybeing used to "train" AI and the sociopaths were wasting millions
of man hours of innocent people to get what they wanted for free.      Anyway,
I suppose some people don't mind and they welcome their new Tesla overlords,
but I'm starting to question why they seem to be masking their true motivations.
If I'm starting to sound like some sort of conspiracy theorist, just ignore me.

    On Thursday, May 2, 2024 at 03:57:39 AM PDT, EV List Lackey via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 On 2 May 2024 at 5:19, Lawrence Winiarski via EV wrote:> I honestly could care
less about self driving and have absolutely no
> desire to be an expendable human guinea pig.(as for other guinea
> pigs...did you know this?    "Select all the squares that have a
> traffic light".....I should have known better. Funny you should mention
> that."Elon Musk wants to turn Tesla´s fleet into AWS for AI - would it work?
> /
`That´s 100 gigawatts of inference compute, distributed all around the
world,´ Musk said.
"https://www.theverge.com/24139142/elon-musk-tesla-aws-distributed-compute-
network-aior https://v.gd/0Bf0yYThat this may be just Elon Musk spitballing
again.PS - since when is "compute" a noun?  :-\David Roden, EVDL moderator &
general lackeyTo reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my
offlist address here : http://evdl.org/help/index.html#supt= = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =     It is not too much to
expect that our children will enjoy in their
    homes electrical energy too cheap to meter.                      -- Lewis
Strauss, Atomic Energy Commission, 1954
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/