Donna,

Consider connecting with computer science faculty at a local community
college.  They often have free access to unscheduled facilities when the
general public does not.  Partnering with faculty can also drive up interest
with students.

As an adjunct professor at the College of Santa Fe, I have free use of a
mega-classroom (~125 seats) and four 20-seat computer labs, all with
projection equipment.  CSF-Albuquerque focuses on evening and weekend
classes, so daytime use is easily worked out.  Then again, I may be
incredibly fortunate to have such a cool benefit from CSF.

(BTW, look for an ABQ Sprint next year to take advantage of CSF space as
well.)

Also, some public libraries have available public meeting space for groups
your size.

Best of luck,

Karl