I like the idea of bringing shelving location groups to the staff client, yay
for feature parity!

I won't join in on the listing of potential reasons why #2 is necessary as
there are already several, but I would like to lean hard toward adding a
staff_visible flag to OUs or something similar because a global flag is too
heavy a hammer for this.

If hiding "deleted" or unused / unwanted OUs from more of the staff client is a
sub-goal that is a much bigger thing and should be dealt with directly, where
just excluding some OUs from staff search should be manageable without too much
fuss.

Jason

--
Jason Boyer