I'm a cataloger, not a programmer so I don't know how reasonable (or
possible) this is. But ever since I first heard about the idea of
carousels, I've dreamed of being able to log into my patron account and
have a netflix style recommendation carousel hooked on to an algorithm that
suggests items based on the 1xx, 6xx and 7xx marc fields of items you've
recently checked out. What would be the possibility of such a feature, and
what kind of hurdles would have to be jumped to do this?

--
Johnathon Redmon
Technical Services Cataloging Clerk