Hi Linda,

It's not for Evergreen, but my colleague recently blocked claudebot using
fail2ban on our load balancer
<https://github.com/pulibrary/princeton_ansible/commit/6f9009249a168442391d90e2b75028d40a8a9e91>.
Essentially, fail2ban is configured to watch Nginx's access log, and if
more than 10 claudebot requests appear within the past minute from a
particular IP, it automatically blocks all requests from that IP for the
next 24 hours.  I would think that something similar could work for
Apache's access log.

Good luck with the bots!

  -Jane