Thank you very much, Jane!

We will certainly give fail2ban a try, though - as we use Apache - some implementation details will probably be a bit different :-).

Linda

On 4/19/24 13:05, Jane Sandberg wrote:
Hi Linda,

It's not for Evergreen, but my colleague recently blocked claudebot using fail2ban on our load balancer <https://github.com/pulibrary/princeton_ansible/commit/6f9009249a168442391d90e2b75028d40a8a9e91>.  Essentially, fail2ban is configured to watch Nginx's access log, and if more than 10 claudebot requests appear within the past minute from a particular IP, it automatically blocks all requests from that IP for the next 24 hours.  I would think that something similar could work for Apache's access log.

Good luck with the bots!

  -Jane