Saibal Mitra wrote:

This is the ''white rabbit'' problem which was discussed on this list a few years ago. This can be solved by assuming that there exists a measure over the set of al universes, favoring simpler ones.

Also, note that there is no such thing as ''next possible''
states. Once you
consider the whole of Platonia all you have is a
probability distribution
over the set of all possible states you can be in (because
you can't define
time in a normal way anymore). There is no conditional
probability for your
next experience given what you have experienced now. A
valid question is:
What is the probability that you will be in a state P that
contains the
memory that you have been in a state P'.

It's not necessarily true that the all-universe idea rules out conditional probabilities for experiences. If you had a mathematical theory of consciousness, it might very well define a notion of subjective time and give you something like "transition probabilities" between observer-moments--the probability that my next experience will be B, given that my current experience is A.

Jesse

Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium! http://join.msn.com/?page=features/mlb&pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/