chris peck wrote:

Thats why I make an appeal to something more intuitive. The A List as concieved by McTaggart may lead to incoherence, but nevertheless, we are embedded in the present. To meddle with its order is to conjure up paradox. Reality can not be like that.

But are you just expressing a personal intuition there, or do you think some actual logical paradox arises from the block time concept? Also, do you agree that to define a notion of a single universal present, we must privelege one relativistic reference frame over all others? If so, do you think this reference frame is only "metaphysically" preferred while agreeing with relativity's claim that no reference frame can be picked out as special by any actual physical experiment, or do you hope for a new theory of physics which actually picks out a physically preferred reference frame?

Jesse