On 12/25/06, Brent Meeker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> JM:
> Are you sure there is NO [unlimited] impredicative - non
> (Turing-emulable),  all encompassing  interrelatedness? (which I did not
> call a "whole")

Sorry.  You called it a "totality".

Thanx, makes a difference. I consider a "whole" identified (maybe it is my
feeble English). Is it  an essential point:

and which sure is not 'the whole' with 'everything
> included into its boundaries', eo ipso NOT a "whole".

No I am empathically *not* sure - but I agree with Darwin who wrote,
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is
those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert
that this or that problem will never be solved by science".
      --- Charles Darwin, The Ascent of Man

> The separately quoted 2nd part of my sentence points to my doubt about
> "physics" (or any other 'science', for that matter) whether they are
> capable in a 'synthetic' effort to encompass ALL interrelations into a
> buildup step when many of them still may be undiscovered?. A
> reductionist 'synthesis' works on the available inventory and ends up
> with an "Aris-Total"-like incompleteness (i.e. that the 'total' is more
> than the 'sum' of the parts.). Just as a reductionist analysis is
> inventory-related and so incomplete.

It is only your opinion that the inventory is *necessarily* incomplete.

Is it? try to compare our (cognitive etc.) inventories of 3000BC, 1000AD,
1006AD, and tell me which year did we reach omniscience?
John

Brent Meeker