----- Original Message ----- From: Brent Meeker To: everything-list@googlegroups.com Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 8:45 PM
 Subject: Re: The Meaning of Life

 (MP)>>... because infinity is infinity.

 But *your* infinity is just *really big*.  There are only a finite number of
atoms in a person and they have only a finite number of relations.  So how can
an exact copy require infinite resources?

 Brent Meeker

 Funny to mix up infinity with 'really big'. or (not?) 'really small'.
 I consider infinity as devoid of quantitative restrictions, like a "zero", or
whatever. Forever is (POOFF!!) instantaneously over. Infinite extension is no extension
at all. Infinite time is 'just now(?) and it's over'.
 Our mind is not capable of starting out with a quantized idea and then switch
to infinity. It comes from religious-talk what we don't understand to begin
with. So much about infinite wisdom, infinite love, eternity etc.
 John M

-- No virus found in this incoming message.
 Checked by AVG Free Edition.