On 01 Sep 2009, at 16:32, Flammarion wrote:

>>> coupled with Platonism.
>>
>> With respect, Peter, you continue to miss the point.  What Bruno has
>> demonstrated is that CTM as a mind-body theory (which is what UDA-8
>> shows it must be) makes no ontological commitment *by its very
>> virtuality*.  Or rather, any such commitment is shown to be vacuous.
>
> There's got to be somehting at the bottom of the stack. Bruno
> wants to substitue matetr with Platonia as the substrate.
> If there is nothing at the bottom
> of the stack, there are no virtualisations running higher up.
>
>> Consequently under CTM, one is committed to RITSIAR=virtual, not
>> RITSIAR=platonic.
>
> CTM only suggests that I *could* be virtualised. Alternatively
> I could be running on the metal. I do wish you guys would undertand
> that
> Possible X => actually X
> is a fallacy.

So you have a problem with the indexical approach of time, and space.
Of course it is the milk of the everything-list basic idea. And MGA,
certainly not just MGA, shows that comp entails the indexical
approach. Actually X is indeed just consistent X "as seen from inside".

>> Now, one obviously has the option *precisely in
>> virtue of this* to dismiss CTM as itself vacuous.  But this is the
>> value of the insight: its force is to commit you to these explicit
>> choices, and hence to cease vacillating between incompatible
>> theoretical conjunctions.
>
> No incompatibility has been demonstrated.

Given the references to text and posts, we are still waiting a
justification of this statement.
A scientist would say: your going from this line to this line is
invalid for this reason.

B.