There have been 9 responses so far, I've attached a preview of the results
to this e-mail.  Unfortunately there does not seem to be a way to make the
results publicly viewable.  With this free service, the survey will remain
live until 10 days pass or until there are 50 responses.

Jason

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I've created a basic survey regarding common topics of discussion on the
> everything list.  I think the results would be quite interesting.  It is
> available here:
>
> http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=n32533346wr4fp0694426
>
> If others come forward with a lot of suggestions for other questions, I
> could consolidate them into a more in-depth survey.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

Title: FreeOnlineSurveys.com View Results

Results for: Everything List Survey

1)

I believe that everything exists.

Percentage
True 88.9%8
False
11.1%1
Total responses:
9

2)

I believe in mathematical realism. (All self-consistent mathematical objects are real)

Percentage
True 77.8%7
False
22.2%2
Total responses:
9

3)

I believe in arithmatical realism (At a minimum, the integers have their own objective reality)

Percentage
True 66.7%6
False
33.3%3
Total responses:
9

4)

I believe the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics is preferable to the copenhagen interpretation.

Percentage
True 77.8%7
False
22.2%2
Total responses:
9

5)

I believe in quantum (or some other) form of immortality.

Percentage
True 55.6%5
False
44.4%4
Total responses:
9

6)

I believe reality includes:

Percentage
Mathematical, Material, or Physical structures
11.1
1
Consciousness and thought
11.1
1
Some combination of both
55.6
5
Other
22.2
2
Total responses:
9

7)

I believe that with the right software a digital computer can be conscious

Percentage
True 55.6%5
False
44.4%4
Total responses:
9

8)

I believe my next observer moment

Percentage
is a meaningless concept, I am an eternal thought
22.2
2
is a meaningless concept, I am all observer moments
22.2
2
is randomly selected from all extensions from my current one
22.2
2
is randomly selected from all observer moments
0.0
0
Other
33.3
3
Total responses:
9

9)

I believe the number of duplicate observer moments, or their measure, is meaningful to what I am experiencing now

Percentage
True 44.4%4
False
55.6%5
Total responses:
9

10)

I believe the universe we find ourselves in currently

Percentage
is continuous and uncomputable
12.5
1
is digital and computable
37.5
3
is made up of an infinity of computations, and uncomputable
50.0
4
Total responses:
8

11)

I believe the following objects posess consciousness:
  PercentageResponses
Myself
9.4
8
Other human beings
9.4
8
Aliens of sufficient intelligence
9.4
8
Apes
9.4
8
Dolphins
9.4
8
Dogs
8.2
7
Cats
9.4
8
Mice
7.1
6
Shrimp
5.9
5
Spiders
5.9
5
Ants
5.9
5
Ant colonies
3.5
3
Thermostats
3.5
3
Web browsers
2.4
2
Rocks
1.2
1

12)

Regarding time, I believe

Percentage
that only the present is real
22.2
2
that only the past and present are real
11.1
1
that the past, present and future are real
66.7
6
Total responses:
9