The problem you're making is that, we can't choose (freely) under
deterministics rules and we can't choose (freely) under random rules...

Because the world is ruled (random or not). I think free will is compatible
to both views. As long as you defined it to be ignorance of the knowing
entities, the burden rest to define what in that context are the knowing
entities (and what knows mean, where I think Bruno is near the truth) ;-)

Regards,
Quentin