On 6/20/2011 11:05 AM, selva wrote:
it is proved in noetic science that our thoughts(only thoughts and
not the actions due to those thoughts)affect our physical
environment.

Where are these proofs published?

I was trying to understand what noetic science is (my first thought was no ethic, but it happens to be wrong). Along this way I have found some strange paper (see below). What do you think about it?

Evgenii

Correlations of Continuous Random Data with Major World Events
Nelson, R. D., Radin, D. I., Shoup, R., and Bancel, P. A. (2002). Foundations of Physics Letters, 15, 6, 537-550.
http://media.noetic.org/uploads/files/FoPL_nelson-pp.pdf

The interaction of consciousness and physical systems is most often discussed in theoretical terms, usually with reference to the epistemological and ontological challenges of quantum theory. Less well known is a growing literature reporting experiments that examine the mindmatter relationship empirically. Here we describe data from a global network of physical random number generators that shows unexpected structure apparently associated with major world events. Arbitrary samples from the continuous, four-year data archive meet rigorous criteria for randomness, but pre-speci ed samples corresponding to events of broad regional or global importance show signi cant departures of distribution parameters from expectation. These deviations also correlate with a quantitative index of daily news intensity. Focused analyses of data recorded on September 11, 2001, show departures from random expectation in several statistics. Contextual analyses indicate that these cannot be attributed to identiable physical interactions and may be attributable to some unidenti ed interaction associated with human consciousness.