On 05 Jul 2011, at 03:41, B Soroud wrote:

in other words... I can legitimately claim that something is, but I cannot claim that "I am"...

I distinguish the first person I from the third person I. The first is not doubtable (without feeling lying to myself). the second is. Chidren can get this by themselves at the age of seven. They often get the blues. that is normal. We can feel being alone, but then we can also make some leap of faith, in the other, in something.

Bruno

being = 1/0 and 1/0 = -1/-0

in other words.... when we assert self-existence.... we effectively assert something and nothing simultaneously.

so why make such a empty assertion. If it was true you wouldn't have to make the assertion. It is your logical construction and nothing more.