On 8/6/2011 6:30 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
Exactly! It's up to us whether we determine behaviors to be isomorphic
enough to our own intelligence to infer that it too experiences
similar intelligence. That determination doesn't create intelligence
in the object nor remove it. That's why the whole question of whether
simulating a brain that seems intelligent to us really is intelligent
is a red herring.

I have considered that our particular human intelligence may actually
be an elaboration-evolution of the intelligence of our immune system,
extended to extra-somatic threats.

Craig

And pigs may fly because "fly" may mean to run along the ground.