David,

    Thanks for the feedback. I'm not suggesting that non-existence/radical
absence contains a property or definition because I agree that it would then
not be non-existence.  I'm suggesting that non-existence is the complete
description/definition of what is present and can therefore be considered an
existent state.  Also, because we're talking about non-existence, we have to
reify it (by saying "it is", "what is present", etc.) in order to even discuss
it, but non-existence itself doesn't have that property.  So, when I say that

"non-existence is the complete description of what is present",

by necessity, I'm jumping back and forth between two meanings of
non-existence.  The first "non-existence" in the phrase refers to non-existence
itself and "what is present" is our mind's conception of non-existence.  We're
stuck having to do this because we exist, but non-existence itself, and not our
mind's conception of non-existence" doesn't have this dependence.
    Thanks!

                                                        Roger